Wednesday 8 November 2017

Pretty Pastel Weave with Alphabet Grid overlay

Hi Bloggers.

I'm heading up to Creative Expressions HQ in Kettering today for my last workshop this year there. Should be a fun day!

Here's today's card -

For the weave, I cut the Intermediate Weaving Die out of Sky Blue, Lilac, Primrose and Aqua Card - one from each colour. I glued the Sky Blue and Lilac die cuts together, offsetting them to fill in the gaps. I repeated the process with the Primrose and Aqua die cuts. I cut the latter into pieces that were 2 strips wide and wove them through the Sky Blue/Lilac piece - under 2 strips, over 2 strips, under 2 strips and so on. I continued in this pattern until my weave was complete.

I cut the Alphabet Grid Die out of Primrose Card. I filed the tiles and letters away in my box and glued the grid to my woven background. I made a frame out of Aqua Card using dies #2 and #4 from the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set. I added it to my background using Woodware Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess. I matted onto Lilac Card and then Sky Blue Card.

I cut the dies from the Happy Birthday Circle Die Set out of Sky Blue, Lilac, Aqua and Primrose Card.
I used the Pinwheel Floral Die Set for my flower cut from Sky Blue Card and my leaves which I cut from Primrose Card. I added a Small Circle Dazzler to the centre of my flower.

I completed my card by adding 8mm Cream Pearls to the corners of my frame.

This is the demo version that I did on the recent One Day Special using Mauve, Primrose, Baby Pink and Stone Card.
Lisa Horton is continuing with One Day Special shows on Hochanda today at 9am, 1pm and 5pm. I'm offering 10% off items from the shows on my website. You can find them here. Please enter LISAHORTON in the discount code box at checkout to activate your discount. Offer valid till midnight tonight or while stocks last.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, these cards are really beautiful, love the colours on both, amazing how different colourways can make them look so different. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    WOW what a treat two weaving cards.They are stunning,love the way you have used the alphabet grid too.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia, two great cards. They show how the look of a card can be changed using different colours.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards love the colours used xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, such beautiful creations today, love them.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    Fabulous cards, I love your woven backgrounds.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards-both stunning.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG What an exceptionally pretty idea I think I prefer the top colour combo (but it may be my screen)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia,
    beautiful cards!!!
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards are beautiful I love your weaving l would love to have a go the colours you have used are great thank you Julia
    Love June Horrocks Have a good day xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia these cards are stunning I love them both. They way you use those dies is brilliant and the colours are gorgeous. Enjoy the workshop today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Lovely and both made in gorgeous colours. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia. Stunning card this morning . So much care and work has gone into it .
    Hope you have lots of fun at your last work shop to day.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card. Enjoy your day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, Lovely weaving cards, loving the 'sorbet' colours in the first card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    Two lovely cards loving the colours.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card Julia. Am watching Lisa demonstrating this die at the moment. This is a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You must have done the "happy crafty" dance when Sue came out with more dies to weave for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Cards. Great dies, I really like the weave as a background. Nice colour ways. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Love card , colors and background.
    Thanks
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a lovely weave"
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to practise different weaving patterns. Love these flowers. Mine arrived today

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh so beautiful, love how you have used the weaving behind the window frame....those colours are amazing...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both are beautiful and using the different card stock makes such a change. I wove a background for my Mom's birthday card and if I have enough of the papers left, I may borrow your inspiration.
    Have fun today. If I lived near I would be at your workshop.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia wow two fabulous cards I love the colour combinations

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous cards. Love the colours of both.

    Wish I had been at your workshop rather than getting over a general anaesthetic!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards Julia. Love the designs x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Evening Julia. Two gorgeous weaving cards today but how different they look. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!